Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Serdar Berdimuhamedov signed a Joint Statement, which consolidates the main agreements and defines long-term tasks for further building up multifaceted cooperation and strategic partnership between the two countries.
In the presence of the heads of state, agreements were also signed by the heads of ministries and agencies of the two countries. 19 documents were signed, including:
– Agreement on the development of transport and transit cooperation;
– Agreement on cooperation in tourism;
– Agreement on the management, protection and rational use of water resources of Amudarya River;
– Agreement on holding a joint competition of initiative scientific research projects;
– Program of trade and economic cooperation and development of industrial cooperation for 2022-2025;
– Program on scientific and technical cooperation for 2022-2024;
– Program of cooperation between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs for 2023-2024;
– An action plan for the practical implementation of the provisions of the Intergovernmental Agreement on the establishment and regulation of the Uzbekistan – Turkmenistan border trade zone – Trade Center.
Several documents were also signed on cooperation in the chemical industry, customs issues, railway communication, forestry, museum affairs, justice, youth policy, television and radio broadcasting, and others.