The International Press Club hosted a direct dialogue with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Uzbekistan on July 12. The chairman of the CCI, Adham Ikramov, his deputies, as well as representatives of the ministries and departments of the Republic of Uzbekistan talked with journalists and entrepreneurs at the meeting.
During the event, issues such as discussion of the essence and significance of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to radically improve the system of state protection of legitimate business interests and further development of entrepreneurial activities” dated June 19, 2017, Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to organize the activities of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry”, as well as advantages and opportunities created for entrepreneurs were considered.
The adopted Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan is aimed primarily at introduction of a new mechanism for legal protection, representation of interests and rights of business entities through a radical review of the priority tasks and main activities of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in particular:
1) in the field of protection of the rights of entrepreneurs, it is envisaged to implement measures to analyze the observance of the rights and legitimate interests of business entities by state bodies, to exercise public control over implementation of legislation in the field of entrepreneurial activity, to represent the interests of business entities in state bodies, including courts, in criminal proceedings as public defenders.
2) in the sphere of improving business environment and investment climate, it is envisaged to activate the Chamber’s activities in such issues as development of state programs for development of entrepreneurial activity, programs for integrated development of territories, implementation of public expertise of draft normative legal acts with business structures, expert councils, preparation of proposals for improving legislation aimed at strengthening the guarantees of rights and legitimacy interests of business entities.
3) in the sphere of entrepreneurship assistance, it is envisaged to implement measures to assist business entities in accessing foreign markets, attracting foreign investment, introducing innovative solutions and modern technologies, and developing practical skills in organizing investments and production processes.
4) in the field of entrepreneurship training and personnel training, it is envisaged to organize interaction with the State Committee for Competition Development, the Republican Center for Training in Business Basics and its territorial branches, with development of training courses and organization of training in business basics, business plan development, management, financial management and other disciplines.
5) in the sphere of interaction with the state bodies, the Chamber is entrusted with providing assistance in effective organization of interaction between business entities and state and economic management bodies, as well as state authorities at all levels, creating an effective mechanism for interaction on the principle of “Direct dialogue and feedback”.
6) in the field of foreign economic activity and attracting investments – tasks are assigned to promote integration of business entities of the republic into the international business community, output of domestic organizations to foreign markets, active promotion of national brands abroad, attraction of domestic and foreign investments, as well as modern technologies, including through the organization and holding of business forums, exhibitions and fairs, ensuring wide participation of domestic entrepreneurs in them.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry will also provide all-round support to business entities, including foreign investors, in the framework of implementing projects to organize modern productions to produce goods that are in demand and competitive on the domestic and foreign markets in the created small industrial and free economic zones, including through active interaction with advisers on trade and economic issues of diplomatic missions of the republic abroad, as well as representatives of Chamber of Commerce and Industry in foreign countries for implementation of these tasks.