On 1 June, the President of Uzbekistan signed a Decree “On measures on organization and conducting of an annual International fruit and vegetable fair”.
According to the document, International fruit and vegetable fair will be held annually in October. In the current year, an extraordinary international fruit and vegetable fair will be held from 12 to 14 July in Uzexpocenter.
The main objectives of the International fruit and vegetable Fair are the followings:
– Formation of an effective, transparent, market mechanism, of the promotion in foreign markets of fresh and processed fruit and vegetable products, which meets modern international standards and requirements;
– Raising awareness among foreign refining and trading companies on the potential of the unique for their consumer properties, environmentally friendly fresh vegetables, fruits, grapes and melons, as well as finished products, produced in Uzbekistan;
– The creation of favorable conditions and provision of comprehensive support in finding partners and the conclusion of contracts between the suppliers of fruit and vegetable products, the formation of the system of long-term stable cooperative relations between the producers of fruits and vegetables, processing enterprises and foreign companies-importers, world-renowned marketing structures;
– Deep analysis of the trends and prospects of the world market of fruits and vegetables with a wide awareness of domestic producers and processors with a view to targeting them for production, which is in steady demand on foreign markets, the formation of a portfolio of orders for the current year and for the medium term.
Following the Decree of the Head of State a Directorate of the International fruit and vegetable in the form of a limited liability company has been created as part of the specialized foreign trade company for export of fresh and processed fruit and vegetable products “Uzagroeksport”. The directorate’s address is Tashkent, st. Beruni, 41.
The document entrusted the “Directorate of International fruit and vegetable fair” LLC with the following tasks:
– Preparation and implementation of measures for the well-organized international horticultural fairs, providing participants with fair trading range of services on the conclusion, financial assistance and accounting for fair contracts;
– Organization of permanent fruit and vegetable trading platform for the conclusion of contracts and export contracts;
– The study of foreign markets of fruits and vegetables with the provision of the necessary information to the participants of fair trading;
– Conducting of a set of measures for promotional activities in order to promote domestic products to foreign markets;
– Development and implementation based on the study of international experience, of modern methods of fair trade, including futures and forward contracts, the use of electronic trading systems.
Ministry of Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan has been entrusted together with the holding company “Uzbekozikovkatholding” to develop and introduce software for creating “online” automated progress monitoring system, concluded within the framework of the international fruit and vegetable fair contracts and export contracts, within three months.